Friday, May 22, 2009

As I type this, the countdown to moving to KY is underway:
T minus 17 days.


Things I'll miss in MN:
--this house. Yes, it's huge. But I painted, papered, and designed the remodels for me, and I feel like I'm leaving a close friend. I really don't want to own another house anytime soon. A friend of mine calls our apartment in KY my "grieving house". It's true.
--the summer weather. What more can I say?
--my job. I love the kids and teachers I worked with. I'm amazed at what I've learned about myself and others. I'm grateful for the ways I've been stretched.
--my dance studio. I have never had more fun in my life.
--parts of small town life (parades, lack of traffic, seeing someone you know).
--sitting on my big front porch drinking coffee and reading a book.

Things I won't miss in MN:
--snowblowing.
--being at least an hour away from meaningful civilization (large malls, plays, variety of restaurants, independent films)
--being 11-13 hours away from family members.
--the pig smell

It's hard to believe I'll miss more things/people here in MN than not. God has been very gracious to me here. I wonder what He's got planned for me back in KY?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home