Wednesday, April 11, 2007




Does this picture look familiar? No, I did not re-post last November's picture again today. This photo was taken this morning! I like snow, I really do. But only when it's supposed to exist... December, January, February, etc. Not, I repeat, not April!




I'm reminded of a song from "7 Brides for 7 Brothers":

In November the snow starts to fly;
Piling up, ankle high.
Come December it's up to your knee,
Still the bride's a bride to be.
January, deeper still,
To the parlor window sill.
February brings a drift,
And a storm that seems never to lift.
March comes in like a lion, what else?
Still the snow never melts.
April showers will come so they say,
But they don't, and it's May.
You're about to forget the whole thing;
All at once, one day, it's Spring!

The weathermen are promising 60 degrees by next week. I'll believe it when I feel it. In the meantime, heat up the coffee...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home